Tuesday, March 10, 2009

C Campaign



c campaign

What is the “c campaign?”

In South Korea, ssangapul surgery, or double eyelid surgery, is a part of the culture.
There is a large interest in the desire to look western.
This interest has made South Korea known as the mecca of ssangapul surgery.
Statistically, on average of 70% of young Korean women in Korea have done
ssangapul surgeries. 60% of those women have done undergone surgery when
they were teenagers.


c campaign is working towards changing the mind set that beauty only comes in
one ideal form. We are working to encourage Korean women that they are
beautiful, just as they are.


c is the solution to a culture’s imperfection.
c the possibility of change in the Korean culture.
c that Korean women are unique and beautiful.
c confidence build in these women.
c change.



Be a part. c the change.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting this surgery, it's no different from having teeth straightened, whites straightening their hair every morning or getting breast implants. It's just about wanting to feel good about yourself or improving a part that you don't like! It's NOTHING to do with race, or wanting to look "Western" - are whites wanting to look Asian when they straighten their hair? Or black when they get breast implants? No, they just want to change a feature that they dislike. Besides, other Asians have this feature, Indians, Pakistanis, blacks - why aren't you saying we want to look Indian by getting this surgery?

    I think it's awful that Asians are always pinned as wanting to look white when we do something or dislike something about ourselves. It's arrogant enough for a white to assume this (I don't know why, to make themselves feel better or something?), but now our fellow Asians are joining in? I'm VERY happy with being mixed Asian, I love it - if I was completely white I would not have the exotic features that I have, and in fact I like my eye shape! I just want EYELIDS and to ENHANCE it! I want to be able to wear eye make up that people can actually see! Think what you please, but if I could, I wouldn't choose to be another ethnicity for all the money in the world.

    White people - when you straighten your hair you hate your ethnicity and you want to be Asian!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way I wasn't attacking you or your blog with my comment - just trying to explain how it feels to want this surgery :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a ssangapul (double eyelid)?

Did you have ssangapul surgery?

Are you thinking of getting it done?

Have you ever tried ssangapul tape?

If you had the surgery, would you tell people you had it?

Do you know anyone who has had the surgery?

What do you think about the surgery?

Would you mind if your future spouse has had the surgery?

Do you think that someone with a ssangapul is more beautiful than someone who doesn't?

Are you Korean?